Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Who did it and ran???

Pitcure this... I just pulled in to my driveway and I see the "mail lady" approaching, so I greet her and take my mail in hand instead of her placing it in the box.  I need to call my air conditioning tech back who's trouble shooting my unit(out since Friday) via phone 'til he can come in person...  but I need to pee!  I turn on the thermostat, run outside, no movement in unit, run back inside and call while doing a jig to the nearest bathroom. While relieving myself I hear this load sound, crash - very metallic sounding.  I jump up, pants being held up by hand, look into the garage nothing has fallen.  I proceed toward my bedroom to change walking past the front of the house and see my with my neighbor sprinting toward my door.  I open and he's screaming call Security(gated community) maybe they can catch the guy.  I'm asking what happened, then see my mailbox pole leaning to one side and the mailbox itself is m.i.a.  My neighbor proceeds to tell me he didn't get a make or model but described the sound of the car or small truck.  What happened to, Oops, I'm so sorry I hit your mailbox(probably chatting on cell phone) and I'll repair or replace it. They sent this steel box almost one full door down from mine.  They obviously(here's hoping) have mirror or car damage.  I'm so NOT happy about this.  Thanks to residing in this lovely and strict deed restricted community it will be about $300-400 to replace my box.  Ah... bite me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment